Friday, July 2, 2010

I am part of Clarion's Write-A-Thon



Clarion's template explains this whole thing better than I could:

-Begin Email Template-


"Some of you may have heard of the Clarion writing workshop, which has been running for 42 years and has turned out many bestselling and award-winning writers. Funding has been cut for the program this year, and so Clarion has responded by running a "Write-a-Thon" to ensure that the workshop can continue. I am one of the participating writers, and I'm looking for people who are willing to sponsor me.

What this entails is making a small PayPal donation via my profile page, which can be found at the following link: http://www.theclarionfoundation.org/writeathon/wrtn-writerpage.php?writerID=5016 Even a $5 donation helps Clarion tremendously and qualifies me for all kinds of prizes. Sponsors like you also have the option of joining the Write-a-Thon forums, tracking my progress, and cheering me on during this six-week event."

-End Email Template-



My goal in the Write-A-Thon is to get at least six sections of my current project done. (It's a horror choose your own adventure for adults.) My previous mini-foray into making a horror choose your own adventure for adults can be found
here.

We all need to make 19 dollars the first week so that everyone has the chance for a prize drawing. I don't want to be the person who ruins it for everyone else, so I'm going to give you all some incentives to donate:

  1. Anyone who donates any amount will get their name mentioned in an upcoming installment of my humor series "The Life and Times of Car Johnson."
  2. Anyone who donates any amount before Sunday will be made into a character in a upcoming installment of "The Life and Times of Car Johnson."
  3. Anyone who donates $10 dollars or more will get a personal poem or a recipe from my stash. You get to choose. Plus get your name in an installment of Car Johnson.
  4. Anyone who donates $20 dollars or more will get a personal flash fiction piece or a personal obituary (why wait until you die?) from me. You get to choose. Plus you get a poem or recipe and your name in an installment of Car Johnson.
  5. Anyone who donates $50 or more will get their own personal mini choose your own adventure written by me. (About five pages long.) Plus your get a poem/recipe, flash fiction/obituary, and your name in an installment of Car Johnson.
Everything will be emailed out the week after the Write-A-Thon ends, except for the Car Johnson shout outs, since I write one of those a week.

So, there you have it. I'm pimping my skillz for charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment